Thursday, April 11, 2013

"A Warning: Don't Become a Teacher"


I was perusing the internet last night, wasting time like I'm so good at doing, and I found this article. It is written by a teacher who is warning young people of all of the reasons not to become a teacher. Honestly, after 3 years in a public elementary school and 2 years in my own classroom, so much of this article is spot on. There has got to be a better way to encourage and grow our students! It would be great if lawmakers and the people who make standardized tests would ask teachers what would be the best way. We know our students! We know what they need!


I really hope young people continue to become great teachers, but be aware of what you're getting yourself in to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment below! Thanks!